Sunday, September 6, 2009

Why do you want a man?


This is a question that has been asked of me lately. It's usually asked by people who are married and have been so for 20 or 30 years. The conversation usually goes like this....

"So, why do you want to date?" This is asked by the married person. I'll call that person MP

"So I can meet a man and have a nice relationship." Me

"If I were alone, I would really enjoy it." MP

"Well, try being alone most of the time." Me

"If something happened to my husband, I would be a nun and never have sex again." MP. Usually they add the comment that they are so happy they are married.

"Never say never, it's a long time. Besides, I'm not dead." Me

"Do you HAVE to have a man? Can't you just enjoy your life?" MP

"I do enjoy my life. I don't HAVE to have a man. I want a man." Me

"You have girlfriends and family. Can't you just be happy with them?" MP

"Sure and I am happy with them, but they can't give me what a boyfriend can." ME (now I'm starting to get a little irritated and I need to bite my tongue. What I really want to say may offend them.)

Does this sound familiar? These well meaning friends are the same people who only have to roll over in bed and be within two inches of a living, breathing man, yet, I'm supposed to be alone.
Hardly seems fair, does it?

But, it doesn't deter me. Finding a man isn't going to be my life's mission. My life is pretty full. I go to school, I work, I'm an artist, I write. I go places with friends and have lots of interests. If I never meet another man in my life, I'm sure I'll survive. My life, with all of my hobbies and interests, is like an ice cream sundae. A man will be the sprinkles on the top. If we connect and enjoy each other's company and share companionship, then there's the cherry!

I would be lying if I fail to mention that I like being around men. I like the way they smell and the sound of their voices, especially if the voice is deep and clear. I love men who are big and tall, their presence makes me feel more feminine. It's fun to hold hands especially if the hands are clean and strong. Who doesn't like to melt into the strong arms of someone who is keeping you warm or hugging you good night?

Then there is intimacy. Who doesn't love soft whispers and caresses in the dark? There's nothing better than having a loving and exciting sex life! Lover's lane can make all the accessories in the world, but, in my opinion, nothing can replace a man!

So my journey to find a partner begins again. I'll go about this with a sense of humor and adventure and maybe along the way I make new friends and meet a great guy!

Here's a little quote to make you smile...They keep saying the right person will come along, I think mine got hit by a truck.

No comments:

Post a Comment