Saturday, September 5, 2009

On your mark, get set, Date!

For the past three years I've been writing a creative art blog that chronicles my ideas, art work, motivations, inspirations etc.

I've always read that you should write about what you know, what you are passionate about, and that's just what I've done.

However, I've found myself, at the age of 54, single and back in the dating game. I thought it would be fun to blog about my dating adventures and mishaps. If you are single like me, I hope you can relate. If you are married, be glad and enjoy the stories. I hope to hear dating stories from my readers too. Let's just keep it PG13!

A little bit about me...

I was married for 18 years and when I was 38 my husband fell in love with someone and left me. Simple story, told too many times, and now is ancient history. At the time though, it was an interesting time for me, since I felt like a lamb going to slaughter when I entered the dating arena. I was timid and naive. After a few years though, I remarried at the age of 42.

Ahh, but that was not a happy marriage and once again I found myself divorced at 48. Disgusted at my bad luck in love, I retreated to my house for three years, not dating anyone, not even talking to the opposite sex. I called those years, "the nunnery". Finally, at age 50 I met a nice man and dated him for three years, but alas, that too ended.

So, now at the age of 54 I'm back out in the dating scene, although it's slow...did I mention S..L..O..W..? I am not in any hurry to meet the man of my dreams but I would like to enjoy the journey and, since I know I'm not the only one my age who is going through this, I thought it would be interesting and fun to start this blog.

I will try to be honest, sincere and safe in all of my adventures. I also hope that I can inspire those of you who are a little timid to get out there and date. Trust me, it's like going on a job interview. The job won't come to you, you have to go find it. The more job interviews you go on, the better you are at it.

Why Frumpalicious?

When I thought of all of the different names for this blog, Frumpalicious kept swirling around in my head. Although I'm not entirely frumpy, I'm overweight and far from being a fashion model. I can dress up nicely, but usually it's simple. Black outfits with a bit of cleavage, maybe a simple pair of earrings, etc.

I then saw in the urban dictionary that it is an actual word although it has two definitions. The first is..Someone who is physically frumpy, yet dresses or acts in a way that makes her less frumpy and more appealing. The second definition is..sexy and fantastic. bonable. screwable. pure sex.

Well, I thought I would combine both definitions into one...Someone who is physically frumpy, yet is sexy and fantastic! Frumpalicious! I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment