Friday, January 8, 2010

Put me in a nunnery!


My skin grows ever thicker as I continue my online dating experience but there are times when I wonder if I shouldn't just become a nun!

It would be so much easier. I wouldn't have to have a big wardrobe. Saying goodbye to my cleavage shirts might be hard, but I could do it. I could live in a convent and not worry about who's going to pay the rent. I could delete my profiles on the dating sites, cause I'm sure no one wants to date a nun. There would be no need to shave my legs or dye my hair. I could toss out the shimmery lip gloss and sparkly eye shadow. Instead of mindless internet chatting with horny strangers I could immerse myself in religious studies. I could sit in a sheltered grotto and say the rosary instead of sitting in a ram's horn drinking coffee and listening to my date complain about his ex-wife and her relatives. It would be so much more enriching to help feed the poor than to try and nourish a man's damaged ego.

I know I could take the vow of poverty. I'm basically there already. The vow of obedience might be more of a challenge for me. However, the real challenge would be the vow of chastity.
That might be a little tougher. I don't know if nuns are allowed to take medication, but I'm sure I could take something to kill my libido. I guess I could live without the hand holding and the kissing. Who needs intimacy anyway??

Who am I trying to kid?

I guess I'll just keep trying to tough out this dating life. I would look dumb in a habit anyway.

1 comment:

  1. Oh... I think you would look hot in a habit!

    By the way... why do you always see two nuns together?

    So the other nun don't get none!

    ReplyDelete